"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Winter Spring


The spring thaw started the other day here in my beloved town. I was wearing light sweaters and even busted out my chacos. Two days ago, when I decided to wear said chacos to work, it started snowing again - it has not stopped. I had gotten my hopes up so so high. The promise of spring and summer was placed before me and ripped away. Melowdramatic, I know this, but as one of the few in this town that pray for the snow to stop even before the ski slopes close I feel a little justified. Once the slopes do close down ofcourse, the rest of town will be onboard. But for now, I am in the minority.


Life here seems to have slowed down. In anticipation for the much needed summer I am still reluctantly staying mostly inside. Spending more of my time at the gym to get in shape for all of the hiking my friends and I are planning on doing. I think with all the time that I think about summer and the things I will be doing I may be setting myself up for an anticlimactic start. That's okay though. Whatever gets me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment