"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A to Z Simple Things to LOVE .... Tamera Edition



This is in no way an original idea from the beautiful mind of Tami. I have seen it a few times on the blogosphere lately, and decided to share my list with everyone.

The gist of it is that you choose one simple thing that you love for every letter of the alphabet. The idea is to choose just one.. but I couldn't narrow it down for most of these.  


A
Art... I feel like I have always been surrounded by art in one form or another. Even dabbled in it a little bit myself in High School. My Father is an artist, so are two of my best friends. Art makes me feel everything though ... and usually just at a glance.

B
Books ... this one is obvious. Half of this blog is about books that I have read. I love the way they feel, the way they smell, the way they look. I even love the weight of them. I love the way they open up worlds for us. I love the way they open up our own. I can find books on anything I want. I read everything as a result of this. 



Blogging... I wouldn't have the blogs that I have if I didn't love it. It helps me organize my thoughts sometimes. Lets be honest... sometimes they are pretty far in left field.  

Being Barefoot ... As much as I love shoes, I do not particularly like wearing them. If it was socially acceptable or even sanitary I would very rarely wear shoes.

C
Color... Color just makes me happy. So much can be told to the world just through color. 

Candy... I have the biggest sweet tooth on the planet. Just ask my dentist. I love probably 70% of candy that crosses my path.



Chocolate... I feel like this is self explanatory. If you need an explanation - then you will never understand.

Conspiracy Theorys... These truly entertain me. I even listen to Coast to Coast radio. I like anything that has to do with the government cover ups for Big Foot, UFO's,  the Kennedy assassination, the moon landing, Everything. 

D
Dreams... this is a rather whimsical answer, I know, but I am sort of obsessed with my dreams. If I remember them I usually end up analyzing them and/or writing them down for a story later on.

Dogs... I get along better with most dogs than I do with 80% of humans. They are the loyalist of the loyal. You have to respect that. 

E
Exercise... I need to do this more often, but when I do I love the Endorphin rush.

F
Family and Friends... I have been blessed with a great support system. 

G
God... I not only believe with all my heart that there is a God, but I know that He loves me and wants the best for me and helps me in my life to have the best life I can. We have had our ups and downs, Him and I, but in the end I love him still, and He I. 

Ghost Stories... I love everything ghosts. I am definitely a Ghost Hunters tv series junky. I personally feel like the dead have so many better things to do than mess with the living. That doesn't mean I can't love the stories that come out.

Green... This may be deeply rooted in my having grown up mostly in the Pacific Northwest. It is not just green there. It is ALL green, all the time. On top of that it is this dark awesome smelling green because it's usually a little misty during much of the year.

H
Hiking... hiking is the best way to get the blood flowing and get some fresh air into the body.

This is me basking in the awesomeness of hiking

Heroes... I love the comic book movies. I have never read, nor have any desire to read, any comic books. Yet I love every single one of the movies. Maybe it's the things blowing up, maybe it's the hope that we all can be something amazing and help save the world someday. Something that does not hurt them in any way is that all of the heroes are GORGEOUS (Ryan Reynolds).

Hugs... Everyone needs a hug right?

Halloween... This is my favorite holiday. Who doesn't love free candy .. not this girl. This girl LOVES FREE CANDY. I also love the decorations, and the costumes, and the history. But mostly .. it would be the free candy.

I
Ice Cream... Ice cream is like a hug in a carton. It is also a wonderful concoction where chocolate and peanut butter and thick creamy milk come together and melt in my mouth.



Imagination... This world would be a dark and dreary place without imagination. All of those books I love so dearly would not exist, and the lovely things in life would just be significantly less lovely.

J
Jokes... Who doesn't love a good joke? I am pretty sure it is medically proven to be good for you.

Jogging... I don't even know if I can really describe it .. but this would be my favorite form of exercise. I would say running, but the pace I go can only be termed as jogging.



Journals... I have an entire tub of finished journals. Although, mine tend to end up a quarter scrapbook by the time they are finished. I think that if nothing else we can hand down our life for the next generation to laugh at, lean on, and learn from. They also happen to be an ever expanding conduit of every emotion. They are the best friend that will never talk back, make us feel bad, or question our judgment. Yet when I look back through mine sometimes I still learn from them. I have my happiness, heart ache, trials, and triumphs in those pages. If you don't have one, get one.

K
Kicking Back... We can all use a moment sometimes to sit back and enjoy being. Just Being. I do it oh-so-well.

Keeping Up With Friends...  I move around a lot, so keeping up with my friends that I no longer live around is always fun. You learn who really means a lot to you and who you mean a lot to in return.

L
Laughing... this would go back to the Joke thing. It's good for the soul.



Lists... I make lists for everything. I have: To-Do lists, Shopping Lists, Schools to Apply to Lists, Lists of Bills, Lists of Books to read and to buy and to review. I have lists of run routes, story ideas, blog ideas, and photo ideas. I also have lists of hotels and of jobs and of adventures to go on. I would also like to point out that this is a rather long and detailed list that you are in the middle of reading.

M
Music... I love music. I love the sounds, I love the feelings, I love the messages and the stories that can be told. I love the soul you can sometimes recognize from the artist in them. I am one of those people that always has headphones in when I am alone in public.
*true story: I was in K-Mart one day, wandering around because I went there for something but had a ton of time so was checking things out. I had my head phones in and was listening to my iPod. One of the women I work with saw me and I guess was calling my name from behind and like following me around trying to get my attention. She finally caught up with me and saw that I was listening to music and not blowing her off and being rude. She was like "who listens to music while they shop?" I kind of stared at her for a second and was like "I do". I feel like these things should be obvious to everyone.

Movies... I love movies. They are books on big screens. I watch almost anything. I do not like gory though. People on meat hooks just does not appeal to me.

Mail... I rarely get regular mail that is not a bill. When I do though I get so excited. Even with e-mail I get a lot of crap in my inbox and so I love when I get a real email as well.

The Moon... It is a beautiful. It makes me happy to look at. To wonder what lies beyond.



N
Night... I have always loved the night. I love walking at night. The world seems more clear for some reason. If you go at the right time you have the world to yourself.

Ninjas... They are just awesome.



Nature... God's gift to us. It is beautiful. I love it from the mountains to the oceans. From the forests full of trees to the desert at NIGHT.

O
Organization... I live my life in a constant state of controlled ciaos, but everything has a place. Sometimes they have a place within a place. My shoes have their corner, my bills have their binder, my clothes have their suitcase. I even label what I call my "brain book".

The Ocean... I love the rhythm it has. I love the animals that inhabit it. I love the feel of the water on my skin, and the freedom that swimming in the ocean brings.

P
Presents... um .. who doesn't like presents. Strangely though, I would rather not receive them on my birthday.

Photography... The world opens up to us through photography. We can also take a piece of the beauty we encounter with us to experience again and share with others.

Planning... I make many a plans. I frequently plan and re-plan my life.

Q
Quotes... I love to hear what others have to say about life, the human condition, about staying steady, and about being good people. I love them so much that I have started sharing them with you on this blog. You can find them under the titles "Someone much wiser than I once said...".

R
Reading... It goes back to the books thing. I can read for not just hours straight, but DAYS straight. At the same time I don't have enough attention span to finish this post in less than 4 tries of sitting down and working on it. I thought it would be short and easy... I was wrong... and am a bit long winded.



Rain... I find it cleansing and comfy. Again... I did a lot of growing up in the Pacific Northwest.

S
*So I actually had a bigger list for this one. I will only expound on a couple, but here is the complete list: Story Tellers, Sleep, Sunshine, Smiles, Sushi, Spontaneity, and Star Gazing.

Story Tellers... This comes on many levels. The first would be the fact that I love being told a story. Both real and fake, there is a finesse that goes to good story telling, and not everyone has it. The other is that as an aspiring author I try to be a story teller.

Spontaneity... Wondrous and crazy things happen when you don't plan them and it is usually much better if you just embrace it.



Star Gazing... The stars link us to the past and future at the same time. They tell the story of our ancestor's Gods and at the same time they remind us and show us where someday I hope we get to go.  Plus they are just Gorgeous in their grandeur.

T
Trees... I do not even know how to describe how much or why I love trees so much. I have a board on Pinterest dedicated to them. They are strong and comforting and beautiful. They provide life to us. It's complicated.

Talk Radio... We get to hear regular people talk about what they care about. My favorite show is Coast to Coast at 1am. It's conspiracy/ paranormal topics mostly. I love it.

U
Umbrellas... They enable me to go on long walks in the Rain that I love so much.

UFO's... hehehe .. Aliens are my guilty pleasure. I love watching TV about them, and "documentaries" and movies. They are just fun. I do believe in them. I just do not think they have any particular interest in us.

V
Vacations... This is another one of those things that I would worry if you didn't like them.

W
Water... I have always felt at home in the water. It also happens that fat floats so I would really have to try to drown anywhere.

Writing... I am not an articulate person. I slur my word together and mumble horribly. I forget words that are so simple it's stupid. My friends have a joke about being able to speak Tami, and how my friend Rose is the only one who can consistently decipher what I say.When I write though, I am clear and concise. I can get my point across and no one is asking me to repeat myself because I have mixed up words in my head, or mumbled through an entire story about something crazy that happened at work. Things are less funny if you have to repeat the joke.

X
X-MAS... I couldn't think of something for X, but Christmas is my other favorite holiday. I don't even mind snow on Christmas. I hate it every other day, but not Christmas.

Y
YOGA!!!... If you don't already do this I would highly recommend you start. It is my favorite strength training. I always feel revitalized and more flexible. It also helps my allergies go away and my chronic cough not come around - and that is always a good day.



Z
ZZZZZZ's... Sleep is my friend. It lets me get through the day and helps my eyes not look too dark around the edges.

ZZ Top... Awesome rocker who will never go out of style. He is the coolest of the cool.

Zebras... I don't really have a particular affinity toward them, but they deserve a shout out as the first thing that comes to everyone's mind when you say think of something that starts with a Z.  

No comments:

Post a Comment