"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Saturday, August 18, 2012

"Life Is What You Make It" By: Peter Buffett


So I occasionally meander across the book store isles to something other than the paranormal or adventure novels. I even will pass the travel essay section (which, lets be honest, is one of the best places in the entire store) and I make my way over to the "Inspirational" or "Self-Help" section. 

Due to a few twists and turns in my personal life, I ended up getting this book: "Life Is What You Make It" by: Peter Buffett

I LOVED IT!!!

This book is full of advice that you feel like you tell yourself all the time, but either do not actually tell yourself or are too stubborn to follow your own advice. 

I recommend that EVERYONE read this book. It is a fast read and worth the money in my book. 

He starts out with a few reality checks. Making sure that your not going to stay stuck where ever you are because of some delusion you have. There are also a few chapters about the definitions that society puts on us and how they are hindering us. How we need to step outside of the box. 

I must admit that a big reason that I related so well to this book was most likely because most of the life experience that he draws from is in trying to be a musician. I have no music ability, but I do/ have faced some of the same challenges in trying to be a writer. 

Another thing that had me loving this book was that in the process of applying everything that He has learned in life to the general population, Mr. Buffett manages to also call us out as a society. He points out that having a life run purely by money is where a lot of people get held up. There is a call to not have material things and money be the driving force in life. I love it. 

Read It. 

No comments:

Post a Comment