"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Atlantis Found" By: Clive Cussler



Another installment into my favorite adventure series. Atlantis Found did not disappoint. Everyone's favorite NUMA team stumbles onto a plot by Hitler's secret progeny to bring about a Fourth Reich, and in doing so bringing about an actual apocalypse. I am not really sure how this happened, but have two books so closely read about the Nazi's coming back to haunt us is kind of funny to me. 

There is the same witty banter and awesome science in this novel as in all of Cussler's novels. I can't say he isn't predictable, but he keeps it interesting enough to have me completely in love with his writing and buying as many of his books as I can. I have a list of all his books I have on my iTouch so that I don't buy one I already own... again. Actually have done that a couple of times. 

There is one thing that I noticed about this book that I haven't really paid any attention to in the past. 

See, all of his books are set in the future. Cussler has been writing for so long though that most of his books that I come across (I don't search for them, I like to just find them randomly) are now our past. Which is a credit to him because the technology in his books do not come across as out of date. He sets it up however so that there are dates on some of the chapter headings so that you can see the progression of time and when in the future it is. The last chapter in this book takes place on September 10, 2001. I just found it a coincidence that the book all about stopping the murderous terrorist plot would end on the day before the actual terrorist plot went down in reality. It really has nothing to do with the book itself.... more just an observation I was noticing every time there was a date stamp. 

ANYWAY

I recommend that everyone read this book. It's a fast, fun, smart read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment