"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Sunday, July 29, 2012

Turns out there ARE Good Samaritans in the world


I have not ever given it much thought as to whether or not I ever expected a complete stranger to help me out in the world. A couple of weeks ago I was surprised though when it actually happened. 

I stated in a previous post, rather rant, that I had managed to lose my drivers license while traveling to a friend's wedding. I got through that weekend with out one. I happen to not really need one in my everyday life otherwise, now that I have no car of my own, so I procrastinated getting a replacement. 

I am glad that I did.

I randomly received this letter in the mail containing with it my long lost license. 

It was very unexpected, and very appreciated. 

So, THANK YOU Andy, from Colleyville, TX.

I am hoping to find an opportunity to pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment