"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Saturday, October 27, 2012

Someone Much Wiser than I Once Said...



"For if that what you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without."
- excerpt from "The Charge of the Goddess"

I have recently been reading a book about the basics of the religion of Wicca. No, this does not mean that I am an aspiring witch. I am just an aspiring writer doing background info on a character. It turns out that this is actually a very fascinating religion. I am getting through it fairly quickly considering it reads like a text book. 

This line from the charge though kind of stuck a cord with me. 

How many times in life have you sat on your butt waiting for someone or something else to give you a kick start. To suddenly start making things happen for you?   

I think there is a lot of truth in this line. Everything that we need is in us. Sometimes, I think we suppress that inherent courage, love, whatever. We have to find it. I think that others can hep us find it... but really we have to see it in ourselves. 

This was a little bit of unexpected wisdom from an unexpected source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment