"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008


Well, I servived Christmas. I actually had fun at that. And for a holiday that I wasn't really looking forward to, I say that is a success. You see, my family is not what you might consider close. Not as a hole at least, and even individual relationships are not particularly close. But my brother and his wife and kid came up to spend Christmas with myparents and me. I got to hang out with my niece, who will probably not remember me the next time she sees me, and even though she was sick most of the time and either grumpy or on children's tylenol it was good to have her around. I also got a chance to talk to my sister-in-law. They have been married for almost three years and I really have never had a conversation with the woman, but I have now and I am glad for it. I may not be around a lot- ever really- but it is good to know who is in the family. I got kind of close with another sister-in-law, but only because they lived with us for a while while I was still in high school, and then we went to the same University and so lived in the same town. I guess for me proximity is the key. I am definatlely not much of a phone talker, ask my Mom, she likes to remind me of this.

Along with Christmas came an abnormally snowy week before and actual snowfall on Christmas. I live in the Seattle area, and there is officially no snow plan set in place, and since most of Seattle is on steep hills, really the whole region is by no means particularly flat, it presented even more problems for transportation. There were more than a few streets that were closed because they were too steep to try and they all got invaded by kids on sleds even before the winter break started because it definatley does not take much to get school cancelled here when it comes to snow. I think of all those times that teachers would assign huge projects and then have them due on the last day before break started, and I hope that a lot of them did that this year and gave all those slacker kids like me two extra weeks to procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment