"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Sunday, May 8, 2011

With the Spring comes the Rain


The rain has come to Jackson Hole. I almost forgot about the rain here. Every spring we have a definate rainy season. A month or more of mostly rain - at least once a day. Being from the Seattle area originally, the rain usually makes me feel good, clean, and wanting to go for walks. It is May though and Winter here is just now leaving. I was ready for Summer to just jump right in. But it rains.

One thing I do love about this season is that it is the transition period from winter to summer. It's still chilly out but not enough to keep me inside all day. The lakes are all slowly unfreezing, which makes me want to go swimming (even if they are almost too cold to swim in even in the summer).

I still want to go for walks and breath in that fresh mountain air. Nature just seems so much more inviting in the rain... no idea why. I really don't know why, but a hike in the rain is one of my favorite things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment