"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Man in the Moon




It is cloudy here tonight. There is no moon outside my window, looking down on me. It is comforting in a way, my moon. I am a night owl through and through, and so he accompanies me on my walks and wanderings. Tonight I find myself alone. Cate is still on her trip, and so my thoughts wander aimlessly. The walk to town square was a quiet one. The season here has yet to start, and so I am free to walk in the middle of the road (which happens to be my favorite place).



Have you ever had a time when all you wanted to do was walk for hours on end, and listen to your own thoughts? Thoughts about everything. To become reaquainted with yourself and you life; free from the noise and influence that usually encroaches itself upon you. That is my mind patturn tonight. Just me, and my thoughts, no people, no man on the moon.




No comments:

Post a Comment