"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Friday, September 27, 2013

"The Book of Blood and Shadow" By: Robin Wasserman



"The Book of Blood and Shadow" by: Robin Wasserman

The Book Jacket:

" "You don't even know that you're living in a before until you wake up one day and you find yourself in an after."

One night. One body, Broken in a pool of blood.
One killer, lost in the shadows. One girl, left behind. Left alone, to face the consequences. To find the truth. To avenge the dead.

One night is all it takes to change Nora Kane's life forever. Her best friend is dead;her boyfriend has vanished. And the trail of blood leads straight back to her: The person who might be responsible. The person who might be next.

Desperate to save the people she loves and determined to find justice for the ones she's lost, Nora unearths a dark web of secret societies and shadowy conspirators, all driven by a mad desire to possess something that might not even exist. Something to which Nora herself might hold the key. It turns out her night of blood is just one piece in a puzzle that spans continents and centuries-and solving it may be the only way she can save her own life."

I am a bibliophile. Unfortunately for my bank account, maybe I am too much of one. I will soak in the written word anyway that I can. Including listening to it. "The Book of Blood and Shadow" was one such unabridged audio books.

The thing about audio books is that they are LONG. Probably because they can not speak out loud as fast as I can read a page, so these books tend to be in my life quite a bit longer than any other ones. I actually finished this one a few months ago while in Alaska, but it had been apart of my life for so long that I need a little break.

Here I am, back to tell all of you what an awesome book and author this is.

I would put this in the Young Adult / Thriller / Super Natural category.

I rather loved it. From the very beginning the author has you entranced with the back story of this girl. It takes a little bit to get to the actual story, but not too long, and once you are there it is a steady stream of clues and ancient history and what every conspiracy theorist would tell you is the actual history. I never wanted to take my ear buds out of my ears to go to work (and I may have kept them in a few times anyway).

There was a twist as well. One I did not see coming. As an avid reader these twists no longer come as frequently as they used to. This was a doosey though. Well done there Wasserman.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is a Junior in high school and older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment