"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Friday, October 7, 2011

100 Days without SNOW


100 DAYS. That was it. Our Summer season in Jackson Wyoming was apparently only good for 100 DAYS.

It all started Yesterday afternoon. I was at work (I work at the front desk of a hotel in Teton Village) and I looked out of the front entrance windows. Expecting to see clouds and rain.... instead I found clouds and fog and SNOW.

We just got out of a record breaking winter season. For the first time in history the entire mountain opened on opening day of ski season.

It was still snowing here in June.

Now, don't get me wrong here.... I was never expecting an overly long Fall. A long Fall at all was really never an expectation.

It has only been Fall for about two weeks though.

The leaves have not even all fallen off the trees.

Gold, Green, and White is more depressing than beautiful to me.
When it snows, the world seems shorter. In the mountain valley in particular. The clouds just sit on the tops of our heads. One does not have to go very far at all to touch them.


And then the morning came..... and I woke up to this.....






















While pretty... in October, again, this is just depressing to me.













I was desperately hoping to get out of Jackson before the snow season started.

EPIC FAIL





It is kind of quaint though..... If I really think about it.... admittedly.... and mostly grudgingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment