"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's hard not to change my mind


For the first time in a long time I am moving forward again in life. That may sound weird to some- but to me it is a relief. You see, I am what some would call a wonderer. I moved every nine months to somewhere new. No connections, no family, no clubs, nothing.

Than I let myself fall into the Hole. I did not even notice it happening at first. When I finally did notice I skipped out of town with bells on back home. Home's always nice but then I had a job that was slowly sucking my soul from my body. And as it turned out...I missed the Hole.

So I found the fist job that offered employee housing and loaded up my car and was out. That was nice but one can only take being in the middle of nowhere for so long.

Comense a year of questionable choices and the only good thing that came out of it was me having the opportunity to help care for my Grandmother in the last months of her life.

That is one thing that I will never regret.

I still missed the Hole though and so about a year and a half of being gone I found my way back.

However, I have stayed too long and am now finally on my way out.

The plan is to go on a mission for my church. But I find myself every day coming up with other options. I have to re-convince my self almost everyday that it was my idea and I really do want to go.

I guess the hardest times are when I get together with friends and they tell me all about their recent plans for the future. My mind goes into overdrive, and all of a sudden I am wanting to do ten things at once and trying to figure out exactly how to swing that.

I suppose I am a little ADD on my decision making processes.


No comments:

Post a Comment