"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Farm Fresh Air


I went on a bike ride today with my Daddy (yes, I still call my Dad, Daddy. I am the youngest. It's allowed). We went down into Snohomish and over by Lake Stevens. It goes through a bit of farm land, down by a river whose name I do not know, and through these little towns that I had no idea even existed.

As I was riding I kept on thinking how truly amazing it is that farm land is so comforting to me. I love how it looks, how it smells, the energy it gives off. Here in the Pacific Northwest they are all wrapped up in trees and the extra green makes it that much more relaxing to go through. Maybe it is just that they remind me of my country, the heartland. I admit to no desire to ever work on a farm, but I would be sorely disappointed if they all disappeared some how.



No comments:

Post a Comment