"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Friday, March 30, 2012

Hot Yoga... New Thing #3 I have Done This Year

I have not done many new things this year. Pretty depressing actually, if I think about it. Today, however, I went to my first HOT YOGA class. They tell you on the website to come an hour ahead of time to fill out paperwork on your first class. Yea.. you need like ten minutes. Luckily there was a bookstore across the street that I was able to kill some time (and I even held back and did not buy anything... although I found a few good prospects for when I have more money to my name).

Once in the class the girl at the front desk told me to try to get a spot in the back because it is cooler without the heaters directly overhead. Yea.. fat chance of that ever happening. The people who got those spots where practically rolling up the mats of the people in the class right before us FOR THEM. So I ended up being in the middle of the room... beneath aforementioned heaters. Needless to say, it was hot. VERY HOT. In the beginning of class when we are all just waiting for everyone to have a chance to get there and get set up I was sweating. Just sitting there. On the posters it says it is 105F and 60% humidity. I believe the posters.

In the interest of full discloser I should mention that I am not new to yoga in general. I have done it off and on since high school. I really like it. If I was smart I would make it a regular practice. In this situation all of that experience was very helpful. The teacher does not do a lot of explaining of poses. The one I had was pretty good about checking on me (she knew it was my first time), but I got through some of it just by going off what the girl next to me was doing. So... if after reading this you decide to try it - I suggest getting a spot next to some one who is not new.

I was literally DRIPPING SWEAT. It was a great workout. I feel good. I am so very tired now, which I tend to take as a good sign.

In the end you lay on your back and absorb/recover what you just did. I was the very last person to leave. With the deal I got of 10 classes for $10 I think I shall return.

No comments:

Post a Comment