"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

An Integral Step



I have the awesome and wonderful opportunity as part of my mission preparation to get my endowments out tonight in the Seattle, Washington LDS Temple. I can not even begin to express the thoughts and feelings going through me right now. I can not get my mind to turn off! I just keep thinking of how much I am about to learn.

My heart is bursting with a testimony of Jesus Christ and the atonement that he enabled for every person on Earth to return to our Heavenly Father and have eternal life. How Joseph Smith is a true prophet that spoke with God the Father and His son Jesus Christ in the Sacred Grove. That Joseph Smith carried out instructions to bring the true and restored gospel back on Earth in the Latter Days. That the true priesthood was restored with Joseph Smith. That we still are given that living prophet in President Thomas S. Monson is something that makes my soul sing, because I know that My Father in Heaven is with us and guiding us.

I get to spread that restored gospel to whom ever will listen to me in the Denver, Colorado mission. I am so excited to have that chance. My going to the temple is an integral step in full filling this newly acquired goal - well relatively newly acquired.

I keep thinking of the peace and the love I feel when I am in the Temple. I have amazingexperiences when I am there already and this will open up so much more for me.

The truly amazing thing is that not to long ago the idea of going through the Temple freaked me out big time. We have entire classes for preparing someone to take this step. I attempted to take one - I got half way through before I had a small panic attack and refused to ever go again. It was not until very recently that I got over that. I continually get confirmation that this is the best thing for me.


"My brothers and sisters, temples are more than stone and mortar. They are filled with faith and fasting. They are built of trials and testimonies. They are sanctified by sacrifice and service."-Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment