"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Friday, February 11, 2011

The fourth awakening book review

So, last night was the night that my book club met and we talked about the book "The Fourth Awakening" By: Rod Peenington and Jeffery A. Martin.



It was an interesting read. Basically, the book is about the power of thought. It's about a reporter who was great in her own day but took time off to be a Mom and is now trying to get back into it. An old friend of hers calls her about interviewing an inmate at the local military prison that most of the media outlets have agreed to not publish anything about.



The inmate is a scientist who is giving the government a bunch of trouble with his research and they want to take it over and classify everything, while the scientist would like to tell everyone.



It was not a book that I just could not put down, but it was still a good read. It was one that I did not want to move on to another book until I have finished with that one. They were defintily lacking in some of their descriptions, but since both authors are actual scientists I can overlook that.



The best thing about the book really was not the story in itself. Most of my book club agreed with me when I told them that after I was done with the book I couldn't stop thinking about how I could now tottally do things with my mind. The power of positive and negative thought really is pretty great. Rose (in my club) pointed out that it is sometimes so hard to really get excited and carried away with positive emotions, and then also so easy to get angry about something.



If nothing else this is a good book to make one think. Not only about themselves, but also about society as a whole. It makes you want to do research on the side just to see if they are right. How far does the fiction go? There is a small history lesson, but it leaves you wanting more.



I would recomend this book to anyone who likes books about conspiracy theories, new age thinking particularly about reaching an enlightened state, or action books.

No comments:

Post a Comment