"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Emerson


"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." -Benjamin Franklin

Alma 26:30 "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Productive Productivity

I am not a busy person. I never have been. I spend my days getting things done, but I really do have a habit of always waiting to do things until I absolutely have to do them. I have "to do" lists that do not get finished for a month. I have a ton of goals that rarely get acknowledged past the initial making of the goal.
Yesterday though, I had a productive day. I woke up and immediately got in the shower to start my day. I vacuumed my living room floor while I watched the history channel during commercials and ate my breakfast during the show. Then I did things like ACTUALLY clean my room. And I called my bank finally about a problem that came up like two weeks ago. I wrote in a traveling story that my friends and I have going between us that I have to pass on Sunday morning. I cleaned off my desk. I read like 60 pages in my current book. I called my mother and she is now sending me my old keyboard so that I can start to learn to play the piano.
I realize that all of these things just seem like they are a list of things that I have done in the day and in and of themselves is really quite boring. To me though, they show me a day when not only did I do all the things that I normally do, like read and watch TV first thing in the morning, but I was able to kick off a good chunk of my monthly "to do " list. I for a short day was able to say to my friends, who all have busy lives in the big wide world, that I did all of these things. It was an accomplishment for me. I know that it seems like I am bragging about nothing. I think though that it is the little things like this that make up some of the best days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment